Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Road Ahead


So you’re travelling along – sometimes, barely paying attention – when out of nowhere, life happens.  Well, you stop (you’ve kinda’ been forced to)… oh, and you also wake up.
 

So now you’re sitting and waiting till its time to start moving again.  How long do ya have to wait?  I don’t know.  Life is like that – sometimes you get to set the pace and sometimes the pace sets you.

OK, its time.  Time to start moving again… but not on the road you’ve been travelling.  Nope, ’cause you see, that road is now closed – permanently.  You’ve still got numerous possibilities open before you – just one road has been closed… oh, and you can’t go back.  But wait, all my plans lay along that road and that’s where I thought my destination was… and now I find out the friggin’ road’s closed. 

How ‘bout the road beside it, where’s that one go? 
Don’t know. 

What’s on that road? 
Don’t know that either.

Well then, how’m I supposed to choose?
Good question.

Can I just sit here for a while and figure this one out?  Sure – but know this, the answer ain’t where you’re sitting – sooner or later you’ll have to begin moving.

Think I might need some help with this one.  Think I’ll close my eyes and ask.  This might take awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment